Jun 21, 2007

Meet Farley and Petey

Meet another member of my family... Farley. He's not stretching folks, he's sleeping.Farley had to get shaved from the shoulder down to remove all the mattes, we saved him from the wild and still need to neuter him, but thought we'd wait till he was untraumatized a bit.

Next up is Petey... Petey is a little chihuahua, but hes a cute one that never barks and really is the sweetest most affectionate baby ever. I know, you dont have to believe me... but im telling the truth. I would have never gotten a chihuahua myself, but a friend couldnt keep him so i took him in, and it was the best thing i ever did.Hes a good traveler! Here he's in the back window of the car, loungin.

Sharing a piece of gum with Ben : ) and licking one of his dear stuffed companions (of which he will never leave the house without!) Petey sleeps under the covers with us (he loves bedtime).


I have a new knit for you! This is the Silky Wrap Sweater and the Dainty Booties from the book Knitting For Two by Ericka Knight.
I made them both with Lion Brand Microspun in purple.
It turned out very nice. Extremely soft, but a bit heavy. Do you see that embroidery work? I learned to do french knots and the stem stitch and had Alot of fun doing it!! Who knew.

6 comments:

mames said...

thanks for reading and the sweet comment. i love your little family, the dog is too cute. and it is a lovely set you have knitted for your lil' one. congrats.

5elementknitr said...

What a sweet sweater! The embroidery makes it extra-special. Your baby is going to be best-dressed and well-loved for sure!

CaveGurl said...

Your dog is so cute!! I really like the baby sweater, with the beautiful embroidery too! Did you like the Lion Brand Microspun otherwise? I have been wanting to try out that yarn, but haven't gotten around to it yet. ;)

5elementknitr said...

Howyadoin? Any babies yet? Hope all is well....

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your work is so beautiful! How on earth did you do the Dainty Bootees? I have the book and I can;t figure out what I am supposed to do next. I have the top and side done but I can't figure out what I am supposed to do next. Can you help? I'd appreciate it! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.